Spiral Sliced Ham
To heat or glaze your Cook’s Bone-In Spiral Sliced Ham prior to serving, we recommend the following instructions for best results. IMPORTANT: Don’t overheat your ham (unless you prefer it as dry as the Sahara, of course). Cook’s Bone-In Spiral Sliced Hams are fully cooked and ready-to-eat, or you may heat them using the following directions.
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Remove all packaging materials and place ham face down directly into baking dish or roasting pan. (Place whole ham on its side.)
- Cover tightly with lid, foil or place in cooking bag and heat at 275°F for approximately 12-15 minutes per pound.
Estimated heating times:
- Quarter ham—approximately 1 1/2 hours
- Half ham—approximately 2 hours
- Whole ham—approximately 3 1/2 hours
NOTE: If you intend to glaze ham, remove ham from oven 10 minutes before end of heating time recommended above. Follow “Glazing Ham” instructions below.
- Remove ham from oven 10 minutes before end of heating time recommended above.
- Open prepared glaze packet (see tips below) and brush half of the contents on surface of the ham.
- If ham was placed in cooking bag, carefully cut bag open and pull away from ham, then apply glaze.
- Heat glazed ham uncovered for 10 minutes at 275°F.
- Remove ham from oven.
- Heat remaining glaze in microwave safe dish for 40 seconds and serve with ham.
Glaze Preparation Tips
Glaze may be applied directly from packet. We recommend that the refrigerated glaze packet be warmed slightly in one of the following ways to help soften the contents prior to application: Microwave: place packet in small microwave safe dish and warm on high for 40 seconds. Warm Water: hold glaze packet under warm tap water for 40 seconds or until glaze is softened.